I’ve finally ventured into the world of WordPress. This wondrous authoring tool has allowed me to bring the look and functionality of La cotte simple into the 2010s. I hope you like its new appearance as much as I do. I’m excited to be unveiling the revamped site because not only do I believe it looks a million times better than the old one, but I’m also adding new features. What new features, you ask? I’m happy to tell you.
- First and most importantly, all my existing content is still here, though organized a little differently. I now have buttons at the top of each page for “Tutorials” and “Articles” which is where you’ll find my old content, relatively unchanged.
- In addition, I’m finally writing a blog. My intention is to post regularly on researching and recreation of medieval clothing and accessories.
- Since I’ve been posting pictures on the site’s FaceBook page for a while, I’ve decided to add an “Images” section where you can access my various galleries of photos and diagrams.
- My new Recommendations pages are where I review books and products I think other late medieval tailors and students of late medieval material culture would benefit from owning and using.
- The Resources page provides lists of useful sites. The links are organized by type of content: research-related sites, blogs, merchants, living history groups, etc.
- The last button provides a Site Map, which lists every page available on the site. It’s just another way to navigate around.
- Most pages and blog posts will have sharing options for FaceBook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Tumblr, as well as the abilities to print pages/posts or email notifications about pages/posts to a friend.
- You can subscribe to the La cotte simple blog by entering your email address in the Subscribe box in the upper-right corner of the Blog page.
- Most pages and all blog posts will allow commenting. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
- There is now search feature. Use this to search for content by key words.
There is one big glitch in this overhaul, however. Due to switching to a WordPress-based site, all the URLs for existing content have changed. This means any deep links beyond the home page, https://www.cottesimple.com, will be broken. In anticipation of this, I have created redirect pages. Nonetheless, if this affects you, please update your links.